As a VFX Artist you will be part of a team of artists and programmers dedicated to creating cutting edge visual effects for a boundless sandbox universe. You will create a vast variety of effects supporting epic spaceship battles inside giant gas clouds, characters struggling to survive raging storms on hostile planets, holographic displays inside futuristic shopping malls and tiny dust motes in a desolate outpost. And everything in between!
Check out our Capital ship VFX and our new shield impact effects here:
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at CIG, follow this link: https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What does a VFX Artist at Cloud Imperium Games do?
- Create sci-fi VFX using CIG’s real time VFX Editor.
- Use software packages such as 3DS Max, Houdini, Photoshop and After Effects to generate texture and mesh assets for use with your real time effects.
- Optimize your effects to run efficiently in-game whilst maintaining high visual quality.
- Work closely with our team of dedicated VFX programmers to improve our VFX technology and pipelines where possible.
- Collaborate with other teams including Art, Design and Audio to help bring the Star Citizen universe to life.
What do we expect from our VFX Artists?
- Solid understanding of the artistic and technical fundamentals of real-time visual effects.
- Experience of using real time particle systems in a game engine.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to break down existing effects in games and films.
- Be highly self-motivated and show initiative.
- Be able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required.
- Passion to raise the bar in the field of real-time VFX.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.