Senior Sound Designer
Cloud Imperium Games are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join the audio team working in-house at our studio in Wilmslow, UK. As part of the team you will record, design and implement audio for our Star Citizen and Squadron 42 games in a cooperative cross disciplinary environment.
You will need strong technical knowledge of Wwise middleware and a wealth of industry experience with at least three AAA titles under your belt. The successful applicant will be required to adapt and adjust to different development tools, as we’re constantly developing new audio tech. Our project is extremely complex in nature so you will be expected to contribute to the progress of systems and tools that allow nuanced, articulate sound to bring life to our games via efficient workflow.
As a Senior Sound Designer, as well as the usual prerequisites of producing world class sound content and setting a high audio standard internally, you’ll also have some responsibility for mentoring and training juniors, and for defining and communicating how best to do what we do in CIG Audio.
In depth experience in working on MMO, FPS and Flight/Vehicle titles will prove useful, and a love of science fiction always helps! Please apply with a demo-reel/portfolio.
- Work individually and with the team to achieve world class sound design and implementation in all areas of the project. (In-game and promotional linear material).
- Act as primary audio point person, liaising with game designers about their audio needs.
- Specify and design audio tools for our audio programming team. If you can talk their language(s), so much the better.
- Responsive to feedback from peers on the team. We should be able to criticise and constructively feedback on each other’s work.
- Innovative and adaptable; able to drive new audio features and develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department.
- Collaborate on design approaches to the sound of the game, actively looking to assist others with your experience and knowledge.
- Keen to collaborate closely with members of the wider team to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 the best experience possible.
- Liaising with world class outsource resources – we get the best to help us, and you need to be able to talk with them to obtain the materials we need to ensure standards are met.
- Some music and dialogue implementation may be required.
- Help to outline, organise and run SFX recording sessions.
- 5+ years in the industry.
- Shipped at least 3+ AAA Titles.
- Solid experience in audio tools such as Reaper, Pro Tools, Soundforge and Izotope RX.
- Working knowledge of audio middleware and/or proprietary tech - e.g. Audiokinetic Wwise
- Working knowledge of game engines - e.g. CryEngine, Lumberyard, Unity and Unreal.
- Working knowledge general game tools - e.g. source control tools (Perforce ideally)
- Proven experience in using game engines to implement and work with audio.
- A genuine passion for games and be invested in the latest developments within game audio.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of aspects of audio and achieve great results.
- Understanding of engineering VS creative trade-offs in game audio
- Be open and responsive to creative, critical and constructive feedback from peers.
- A show-reel of relevant game-centric audio work.
- Experience with music composition, editorial and implementation.
- Experience with the likes of Max MSP/PD, Kyma, similar non-linear audio software.
- This is not a Junior position, so please only apply if you feel you meet the senior criteria.
- This is not a music composer position. Although some music composition skills can be beneficial, we outsource most of our music requirements to our long-term and dedicated music composer vendors.
- Please ensure your demo reel effectively displays your game-centric sound design as well as your linear sound design skills.
- Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
- Please click the link to apply