Cloud Imperium is looking for a senior tools programmer to join the Tools Team.
The Tools Team develop and support a wide variety of tools to make life easier for the talented developers of Star Citizen. Working closely with Designers, Artists, Engineers, QA and Production, the team delivers tools and systems for automated testing, process support, data management, team co-ordination and more. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting Tools Programmer to join us.
Cloud Imperium is the European studio of Cloud Imperium, developers of the Star Citizen MMO and Squadron 42 single player game. We are crowdfunded and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who refer to game as the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
Based in Wilmslow (next door to Manchester), the main UK studio is a vibrant team of over 250 people working in a relaxed and collegiate atmosphere side-by-side with our sister studios in Derby, Frankfurt, Austin TX and Los Angeles. Benefits of joining us are flexible working hours, pool table and arcade game in the kitchens and a causal dress-code. There are various sports and social groups, unsurprisingly including gaming both table-top and interactive.
We publish a weekly update of our progress, along with trailers and streams of our main events at: https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd
- Mentoring junior team members
- Sprint planning for the team in conjunction with the lead and producer
- Ensuring high standards are met, both in code quality and usability
- Proposing new tools and functionality to improve everyone’s effectiveness and quality of life
- Degree plus 6 years commercial
- Strong commercial experience
- Passion for delivering great tools with great usability
- Works well in a cooperative team environment, across multiple studios and time zones
- Experience dealing with large and/or legacy code-bases.
- Key Skills: C#, WPF, Schema Design & SQL, JSON/XML, fluent English
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.