Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Technical UI Artist to work on our ground-breaking games, including multiplayer space simulator Star Citizen, and our single player experience, Squadron 42.
The Technical UI Artist will assume a vital hands-on role in crafting various user-interfaces that are embedded within our game world. Imagine fully functional, interactive displays on the decks of vast starships, combat displays for fighters, user-interfaces to facilitate mining and trading mechanics, holographic advertisements in futuristic cities, and more.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work in close collaboration with our UI design and art teams to formulate implementation strategies for translating design concepts into fully realized user-interfaces in game.
- Participate in early-stage meetings to provide insight into implementation requirements as well as potential challenges in implementing design concepts.
- Work with other teams where needed, such as Art, Audio, and VFX, in order to help build out the full experience for various in-game UI.
- Become proficient in working with our proprietary UI system to implement solutions and be able to mentor others where needed.
Solicit and provide effective feedback that can help to improve tooling, workflows, and processes within the team.
- At least three years of experience in developing front-facing user-interfaces for any medium including games, mobile and/or web applications.
- A portfolio showcasing user-interfaces that have been worked on, either in the capacity of design and/or development.
- A strong technical skillset, including having worked with various programming, scripting, or markup languages to develop user-interfaces.
- Basic familiarity with agile software development.
- Basic familiarity with version control systems such as Perforce.
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
- A proactive hands-on approach, with a drive to get UI in game and working well for the player.
- Good English communication and written skills
- Excellent artistic eye with strong sense of design aesthetics, e.g. branding and theming.
- Proficiency in C++ and/or shader programming.
- Experience developing UI in the context of VR or AR.
- Experience working with node-based scripting systems.
- Experience using After Effects and 3D software such as Cinema 4D or Maya.
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.